Tuesday, November 3, 2009

How are you feeling?

Now that I'm nearly 37 weeks pregnant, this is the question I get asked most of all. Back at 34 weeks, I would say something nice like, "Oh I'm feeling good, just a little tired", or "I'm a little anxious".......But not so much anymore! Now I respond with, "I feel fat, thanks for asking", or "The thought of labor scares the hell out of me, not to mention the fact that I will be in charge of a living being in just a matter of weeks." I'm thinking it could be the fact that I cannot get in or out of a car without groaning like an 80 year old, or the fact that there is not one cute thing in my closet for me to wear that is making me cranky. All of this wrapped up in a nice little package consumes my thoughts, so please don't be offended if the response to the above question is not always sugar coated.

And speaking of sugar coated.....I did very well over the past two weeks and only gained half a pound at the doctor today. This is a feat in itself considering that Halloween was but a few days ago.........I am a big fan of chocolate and candy corns, which can wreak havoc on the weight issue. The size from our last sonogram looked good and all tests as far as anemia and strep B came back negative. We are now visiting the doctor once a week and have been warned that Annabell could grace us with her presence at any time. Exciting and nerve-wracking all in one!!

Last week both my family, Zac's family and Zac were all going to be out of town. So they enlisted a "labor sitter" to look after me. My friend Kristin, who I have know since high school came to my aid. Zac was a bit nervous since he has heard the stories from our college years and affectionately refers to her as the "fornicator". However, he soon realized that there is very little trouble that a 9 month pregnant woman can get into. After all, I am usually in bed by 10pm and practically asleep before I have a chance to turn off the light! Our "night life" consisted of deciding which restaurants we would go for dinner and what reality TV we would be watching afterward. A few days of R and R for Kristin, as she lives in Austin and has her pick of cool places to frequent. All in all we had a great visit and she didn't even have to make a hospital trip!

Zac returned home just in time for his birthday and to help pass out candy at the gym with me on Halloween. He dressed as Edward Cullen (teeth and all). All of the front desk girls think he looks just like him, so it wasn't hard to pull off. And I went as his pregnant companion giving my Catholic School Girl uniform the year off. As we were purchasing his teeth at Walgreens, the lady at the register said that she had checked me out 9 months ago when I bought the pregnancy test.......she followed by saying, "I guess it turned out positive".............hmmmm what gave it away, the enormous bump I'm lugging around or perhaps the 35 (and a half) pounds I have packed on????

Edward Cullen.....with flowing hair!



Halloween '09

...Not my normal slutty costume, but appropriate for an expectant mommy-to-be!

No comments:

Post a Comment