Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ready or Not!!


Last Wednesday, Zac and I had our very last check up with our OBGYN. He informed us that I am 1cm dilated and my cervix is thinning (in everyday conversation, this means we have the go ahead for inducing). We, of course, had hoped this would be the case, however, something about being smacked with an 18-wheeler of reality set in when he said, "should I admit you on Saturday so you can have her by Sunday morning?"..................I'm sure Zac and I both had that deer in the headlights look! Saturday didn't seem like nearly enough time for me to cram in all of the further "mothering" knowledge I would need to raise a child. So we settled for Monday. Yes, this MONDAY (November 23, 2009). At the time, it seemed like that would be ample to calm my nerves and get all of those last minutes accomplished. And yes everything has been bought, purchased, washed, rewashed with Dreft, sterilized, organized, built and/or put together...........but I'm still not sure we are as prepared as we need to be. And the nerves have most definitely not subsided!! Each morning I have thought I would sleep in as this may be one of my last chances, but inevitably, my mind takes over and I find myself wide awake at 3am, 5am and then up by 6:30! I am, to say the least, a ball of anxiety. Now don't get me wrong, we are most definitely looking forward to meeting our sweet little girl.....I'm just not sure that I should be allowed to "grow her." Do I know everything that I need to know? I have even spoken to Zac about having Annabell's grandmothers move in. He assures me that if I need them for the first little bit, it would be fine, but he is quite certain that they won't want to live in our office/guest bedroom for 18 years. But ready or not here it comes! So keep us in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow morning at 8am when we check into the hospital............and at 8:05am when I begin asking for an epidural!

1 comment:

  1. You'll do great and be a great mother. You figure out as you go. Good luck and I'll say a little prayer for you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete