Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Know, I Know...Finally!!

This afternoon was a very slow day in the health club market, so I took off a little early and decided to finish Annabell's nursery. I realize (as does everyone else who is constantly reminding me) that the baby is right around the corner and I need to get things together in her room. Thanks for all of the reminders, as my ever-growing belly isn't enough to give it away. Back to the task at hand, I have always had an idea of what I wanted it to look like (nothing too cheesy, vintage pieces, girly but not to excess) however, it just took me longer than most mommies-to-be to pull it all together. I have other expecting friends who had finished their nurseries long before I have and I must say, "Hats off to you guys"........but I was just not one of them. I even had one friend ask if I had started painting, before we even knew the sex!!! Do I look like a sea foam green kind of person? No offence to those that went that route, but that's not how I roll. I am happy to report, however, that I not only finished the nursery but took pictures. It is filled with new and old pieces, sweet little girl pieces and punk pieces, safari animals and mystical creatures all which captured my heart upon seeing them.

The harlequin diamond wall took Zac and me 15 hours to complete. It was a total pain in my @ss, but it turned out very cute.

Zac found this stuffed skull head at Nordstroms and we just had to have it! I like to think her bedding is some what Rocker-Chic!

Morgan the Unicorn was purchased by my mother at Neiman Marcos in 1980. He hung in my room for as long as I can remember and now I can share him with my daughter.


This ginormous painting of dalmatians, I found in an antique store in Big Spring. Love it!!


After searching high and low, Zac and I finally settled on this oh so comfy chenille glider. I am told we will spend hours in it!!

So there it is! Now Annabell can arrive and have a fabulous space to call her own....now if only Zac and I could figure out how to put together that damn bouncy chair, she would be set!!











No comments:

Post a Comment