Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Waddle-a-thon

My grandfather passed away two weeks ago from congestive heart failure. His quality of life had greatly declined in the last month, so we all knew it would not be long. However, I had hoped he would make it to see Annabell, as she is named after my grandmother who died over 30 years ago. But I know they are both up there smiling down on us and will see her from a far better place. But with his passing, came my eagerness to participate in this years American Heart Association Walk-a-thon (8 months pregnant and all!!).


It was held on the coldest morning that we have had in Midland, TX so far!! It was rainy and 44 degrees. But Zac and I got up at the crack of dawn, bundled up and set out for the coarse. I was a little shocked that coffee and donuts were not offered.....but Zac was all to quick to remind me that this was for the "heart" and that perhaps that was not the healthiest of breakfasts. We all started out at the same time, although I fell behind shortly after go........Determined not to be completely mortified I stepped it up a notch and went sailing through several "speed walkers". All the while my very fit and very capable husband sauntered along beside me as if my slower pace (or waddle) didn't bother him at all. Well I don't know if it was the cold or my need to empty the bladder but we completed our 3 miles in the top 30.....maybe 40, but whatever. Woohoo for me!!! We then made an even quicker appearance at Starbucks for a hot chocolate and pumpkin-cheesecake muffin. Overall, I was satisfied with our decision to participate all in memory of Bill Neal Jr.


This Saturday is my baby shower and I am too excited!! We have friends and family coming from everywhere and I have some of the greatest girls giving it for me! Even Zac is looking forward to making an appearance at the end. Whats even better is that all of this company has motivated me to finish the nursery and clean house......ok it didn't exactly motivate me to clean house but it did motivate me to hire someone to clean the house. And might I say that she did an outstanding job!! However, I will post pics of the nursery soon as it is nearly ready for viewing!!


American Heart Association Walk-A-Thon 2009 in Loving Memory of Bill Neal Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment