Sunday, September 27, 2009

She has her Daddy's nose!


Zac and I finally decided to get our 4-D sonogram. We just couldn't resist the idea that we could actually see what Miss Annabell looks like prior to labor and delivery as patience has never been my forte'. Even Zac often mimics me by saying, "I want it and I want it right now!!" while clenching his fists and stomping his foot. He thinks he's funny! But I digress.... Since I'm nearly at 32 weeks (the cut off for these sonograms) we had to act fast and the first place who could see us was in Abilene, TX, a two hour trek from our house. So bright and very early Saturday morning we drove there.

The lady at Stork Vision had advised me to eat something sugary, like a donut and to drink a coke to improve movement of the baby. So to be on the safe-side, I went ahead and ate two donuts, donut holes, and washed it all down with a chocolate milk and soda! Well.....moments after we arrived and signed in, I tossed my cookies....or donuts, if you will! Feeling very clammy but still excited, we laid in the dark room and looked at NOTHING. Only to be told that she was not positioned well and was not moving. I think she was in a sugar-coma. Grrrrrrrrrr......so they gave me a bottle of apple juice to drink and had me walk around for 15 minutes......really apple juice??? On top of everything else, you expect me to drink an apple juice??? Fortunately, the juice seemed to do the trick and the next time we went in, she had moved and was being much more cooperative.

Zac and I have very interesting noses. His is Romanesque and somewhat larger than the average nose, where mine turns up a bit, much like a ski slope. So we were eager to see whose prevailed on our dainty little girl.........its his, without a doubt, it is his nose! However, she does have my very full and heart shaped lips, which Zac thought were deformed at first (always a good sign). But the sono tech assured us that everything is A-Ok with her and she even has a little hair! That means I should shop for more bows!!

Overall it was an awesome experience and I highly recommend Stork Vision for any expectant mothers out there! But maybe take it easy on the donuts......

No comments:

Post a Comment