Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Joys of Being Buoyant

I never really appreciated swimming until I got "knocked up"! Suddenly floating in water where you weigh ZERO pounds is an incredible feeling. Those 20 pounds that have found your mid section and reaping havoc on your back....just seem to disappear. I am lucky that I work at a
health club where I have access to an indoor pool at all times (and I'm even luckier that because I work there I can be unattended by a lifeguard, as to not scare him with my new shape). And although I get the "oh you are such a darling little pregnant girl" comments, which I greatly appreciate, I can't help but look longingly at the size 2 True Religion jeans in the back of my closet. I know it will all be worth it in the end, but every once in awhile panic creeps over me. The picture to the right is one from our honeymoon. I had been working out like a mad woman for months and eating as little as possible in preparation for the "big day".....oh how the tables have turned. Don't get me wrong, I still wear this bathing suit........and I look almost exactly the same, if you picture it with the gut of a 55 year old man who has done nothing but consume forties of Keystone for the last 10 years. Still when we go to the doctor and hear her little heart beating at 144/min, its worth that second banana nut muffin and the pruning fingers of a prolonged pool workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment