Monday, January 4, 2010

Santa, Spit-Up and Snowboarding

Oh how I do love the holidays. Most definitely my favorite time of the year...although I didn't do much decorating....something about having a newborn just took up a little too much time. But, luckily, there were plenty of decorations at Annabell's Yaya's house and Sita & Papa John's house to commemorate her 1st Christmas!

In honor of our little girl turning 1 month old, The Marshalls had a "Meet Annabell" party on Dec. 22nd. Of course, she wore the most darling Christmas dress picked out by Moi! And all of our guests passed her around and fought for a turn to hold her. We did not hear one disgruntled peep out of her, which just goes to show that she shall be quite the little social butterfly for she loves parties, people....and being held.

Santa was very good to Miss Annabell. He came to visit at my mom's house where she received tons of gifts including the most popular doll of the moment, Fancy Nancy and all of her accessories, a giant sock monkey, books, clothes and a refurbished chair from her "Sita". I got a pair of vintage cowboy boots I have been eyeing for months (my husband is really good at hiding things!), a beautiful strand of pearls and Chanel #5.....to cover up the never ending odor of baby spit-up that seems to leak out of my pores! We finished up Christmas Day at the Marshalls where there was a fabulous Bloody Mary bar and what seemed like never-ending consumption of wine!

The day after Christmas, the Marshall family headed to Ruidoso for a few days. Usually on these holiday trips, we shop and hang out with Zac's family. This year, however, among shopping and dining, Zac and I decided to go snowboarding. Now keep in mind I have never snowboarded and was oh too excited about sporting my new low-rise Roxy ski pants! My excitement "bit the ice" so to speak, when I realized that it is not so easy to snowboard. Its cold, its hard on the legs, and you are continuously trying not to "catch edge" with your board! After half an hour of struggling, I decided to fore go the lift, and the launch down which would surely end in me plummeting to my death and opted to sit in the lodge instead. Three Bloody Marys and one Colorado Bulldog later....I had decided snowboarding was fun and we should make it a tradition every year. Although next year, we don't have to spend money on a lift ticket or renting a board for me, as they are not allowed in the lodge anyway.

Overall, Christmas was wonderful and we are so lucky to have the best Christmas gift of all, our dear little girl, who is growing up so fast. She is now holding her head up, sleeping almost all night and smiling back when we smile at her......so nice to know its not just gas anymore.


"Meet Annabell" Party....I just had to coordinate our outfits!

Santa was certainly good to her!


Among all of her gifts

Sporting her new Christmas jammies!


Very tired from all of the excitement



Sipping Bloody Marys at the Marshalls


Annabell in her Christmas outfit with her Poppa Birdwell



Snow Bunny in Ruidoso


Just making a snow angel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment