Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Forsee Alot of Two-Stepping in Her Future


On February 23rd, Annabell turned 3 months old......hard to imagine that I have had her for 3 entire months. Its also entertaining to see how much I have improved as a mother since the first days after bringing her home. For example, I can now simultaneously make bottles and hold her. I now feel comfortable taking a shower when it is just us at the house. It no longer takes me 10 minutes to change a dirty diaper. It no longer takes me 10 minutes to put her in her car seat. And last but certainly not least (drum roll please) I can now carry my Louie, diaper bag, car keys, sunglasses and baby carrier with baby safely strapped in and blanketed all by myself. I am also proud to say that I am 7 pounds away from being at my pre-baby weight! The combination of endless baby duties and Phentermine has really done the trick.

Annabell is growing by leaps and bounds. She weighs 11 1/2 pounds...50 percentile for her age. I always found this phrase comical when parents would use it..."oh he is in the 70 percentile"......I would think, no one cares...or knows what you are talking about. But now I do know and I do care, and its my blog. I digress.

At 3 months, she has really started developing her own personality. She occasionally laughs out loud (which mommy and especially daddy do everything possible to make this happen) and she has mastered her "fake cry", a small "mah" and then waits to see if someone picks her up or must immediately follow with another "mah". She watches cartoons, loves her play mat and bath time, and insists on being rocked to sleep for her naps. I have now become an authority on today's cartoons. They are much more educational now days than back when I was a fan. Dora is bilingual, one even teaches Mandarin and Sponge Bob....well I'm not really sure what Sponge Bob does (except freaks me out a little), but nearly all today's cartoons have some sort of lesson involved, which Nickelodeon is all too quick to point out.

Annabell is also developing her own musical taste. She enjoys Bon Jovi (the older stuff, back when his hair was flowing and he was singing about living on a prayer), Taylor Swift, anything Walt Disney and with a high pitched tone and to my dismay, older country. Now I don't mean 70s or 80s country. I'm talking about Willie's Place on XM radio, 40s or 50s country music.....especially if it has a fiddle (I think she gets that from her Yaya). Perhaps it is because their words are clearer than today's music, so it seems like someone is talking to her......Or perhaps she is developing an early affection for the honky-tonk scene. I'm not exactly sure on this one, but one day I will have to ask her the reasoning behind all of her likes and dislikes at this age......after all, she was even a fan of Vienna.





Alas.....I finally was brave enough to sit her in the Bumpo chair, after waiting 3 months and a few days just to be on the safe side........she hated it!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, she is getting big! Once she gets bigger she will like the Bumbo chair and it is a lifesaver when feeding. It's a challenge multi-tasking while holding a child but we manage quite well. I even learned how to type while holding a sleeping child. It seems that she likes her bouncer. Enjoy this time because it goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey...she is adorable! I know you are enjoying her!!

    ReplyDelete