Friday, August 13, 2010

She Laughs in Her Sleep




I just have to share this darling little story about Annabell or Nannerbell as my sister has named her...which has then been shortened to Nan...and much to my dismay, has stuck!)

That being said, there have been several times that I have seen her sound to sleep and grinning. I wonder every time what she could be dreaming: Is she drinking the world's largest bottle? Is she pulling on Sassy's slobbery cheeks? Is she resting her head on Aunt Kissy's extremely large juggs? Just what is going on in that sleepy head of hers?

The other night, however, she went above and beyond a smile. She actually laughed out loud with a squeal at the end! I immediately muffled my own laughter, for she really is so much like me. About three years ago, I began to laugh so loudly in my sleep that I would wake up. At the time, I was dating Annabell's dad and I was quite certain that he hung the moon and stars and was the best thing since the invention of sweet potato fries. And he and I were spending lots of time with the Queavers. Big Q was absolutely the funniest, smart-assiest man ever created. He had a way of putting you down and down and down that just never got old! Not to mention that he periodically broke out in a rendition of Elton John..."B-B-B-Benny and the Jets." So needless to say, there was much to make me happy and to laugh about.....and I did, even in my sleep.

You can only imagine how warm it made my heart to know that Nan is in such a happy place in her life that she laughs so frequently....even in her dreams. So I must be doing something right!!


Little Senorita!

Aunt Kissy.....and Nannerbell staring at flotation devices!

*Rhiannon, my high school BFF, I must apologize for calling you "Nanner" and "Nan" back in the day. Karma has obviously come around and bitten me in the a$$ for this. Or perhaps the apology should really be directed to your mother? So, Terry, I am sorry I shortened your daughter's name against your will. But in my defense, I think it was Lauren Elmore who started this......I blame Lauren!

**A half apology to Queaver...Sorry about describing you with "assiest"....but really, is there a better word? However, I am NOT sorry for inventing your nickname! (insert evil witch laugh here)

***Oh and Lauren, sorry about throwing you under the bus up there :)

2 comments:

  1. I laughed as I read that "Nan" has stuck as her name. Funny how Rhiannon and Annabell end up with the same nickname...guess you are right about karma coming back around at you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! so i'm reading, and the first thing i think of is commenting on rhiannon. then i get to this little disclaimer at the end! it was soooooo NOT ME who gave rhiannon nanner. (although to this day, she's still nanner to me.) it was dax! or jeremy or johnny or jason whitehead or russell. they were the name givers damn it! either way, your daughter is cute as a button, and it makes me happy to know that she's laughing in her sleep!

    ReplyDelete